How do I know if I need a Minnesota DUI Lawyer, and How do I know which Lawyer to Choose?
- How do I figure out if I should hire a lawyer?
- When should I contact a lawyer?
- What difference does it make to have an attorney who knows the specific issues in my type of case?
- How do I find a lawyer who concentrates in my type of case?
1. Pleading guilty can cost a lot more than hiring a Minnesota DUI lawyer. There are many long term consequences to pleading guilty to a DUI, or any serious crime, including potentially having to divulge to every potential employer for the rest of your life that you were convicted of a serious crime and having to pay increased insurance premiums. Do you know what all the consequences are that may face you in your future? If you don’t, you should consult with a Minnesota DUI lawyer, so you can make an informed decision regarding your case.
2. The sooner you consult with a Minnesota DUI lawyer, the better. The sooner you bring a Minnesota DUI lawyer on board, the sooner he or she can begin to gather the evidence and weigh the facts that are in your favor against the State’s case and prepare your defense.
3. Hiring an experienced Minnesota DUI lawyer is an investment in your future. The prosecutor does this for a living – prosecutes criminal cases. You can rest assured they know the issues in DUI cases, have read the case against you, and are prepared to argue aggressively for a conviction. That’s their job. Shouldn’t you have someone just as prepared – if not more so – ready to argue aggressively on your behalf, too? When you weigh the cost of pleading guilty and all the future costs that come with it, against the cost of hiring a Minnesota DUI lawyer, you will find that hiring an experienced Minnesota DUI attorney is an investment in your future.
4. Not all Minnesota DUI lawyers cost the same. Each attorney charges what he or she has determined is an appropriate fee for the level of his or her services. Don’t hesitate to ask a lawyer what it will cost to represent you. Mr. Kans has over 14 years of experience in DUI defense; he has the knowledge and experience to handle all the issues in your case – both complex and standard issues -- to ensure that you receive excellent representation.
5. Not all Minnesota DUI lawyers are the same. Your lawyer is the one person in the court room who is on your side, unconditionally. You need to feel comfortable with your lawyer – your relationship with your lawyer can make or break your case: Your lawyer will rely on the information you share with him or her in defending you. If you and your lawyer don’t have a good working relationship, you won’t trust your lawyer with this critical information. The key to a successful attorney-client relationship is the same thing that makes all relationships succeed or fail: Communication. You have to feel like your lawyer listens to you and understands your concerns and goals. And, you have to feel like you can trust the advice and counsel your lawyer provides to you.
Mr. Kans takes the time to develop a good working relationship with each of his clients. But don’t take our word alone for it! Prior clients of Kans Law Firm have written testimonials that you can read on the main website, www.Kanslaw.com, detailing their experiences of being represented by Mr. Kans.
This is one of the reasons Kans Law Firm encourages you to call us, or schedule an office visit and come in and see us in person, instead of communicating through email. We want you to choose Kans Law Firm because you feel that we are a good fit with you – from Doug’s incredible level of experience and in-depth knowledge of DUI law, to our commitment to always keep you in the loop regarding your case.
More Articles -
Criminal Attorney Minnesota / DWI Minnesota / Minnesota DUI / Minnesota DWI Attorney / Minnesota DWI Lawyer / Minnesota DUI attorney / Minneapolis DWI attorney / Minneapolis DUI lawyer / New Minnesota Case Law Update